Monday, August 8, 2011

Swimming, Swimming in the Swimming Pool

Yesterday, Hannah went swimming for the first time! My sister's best friend Liz's family has a heated pool in their backyard, which is caddy-corner to my parents' house. They let us take Hannah for a swim in the pool, and we had a lot of fun!

She wasn't sure what to make of the water at first, but Dan took it slowly and once each part of her body warmed up a little in the water, she enjoyed it! (If pools were the temperature of the bath tub, we might have never gotten her out of it!)

We didn't want to let her hair or her face get wet, but she went into the water up to her shoulders... she never really liked being on her back, but she almost started "swimming" on her front at one point. I took some great photos!

Not sure what to think

Staying close to Daddy

I was born to be a swimmer!

I don't like being on my back in the pool!

Holding Mommy and Daddy

"Look, Ma, no hands!"

"Ooh, this looks tasty"

Cuddling with Mommy in Grandma's favorite towel

I also took a video of Dan, Hannah and Titi Robin in the pool...



Once Hannah came out of the pool, I decided that it looked too wonderful on such a hot day, and I dove in myself. I didn't even have a bathing suit - I just went in the pool in my clothes! Robin, Dan and I had fun splashing around while my parents took care of Hannah.


No comments:

Post a Comment