I've mentioned several playgroups on the blog, but I've never gone into much detail about them. I figured it was about time to tell you about all of the new friends we've made over the past 5 months!
I know that I already mentioned Babies and Bagels and the new moms group through JF&CS in a previous post, and we've continued to participate in both of them. Babies and Bagels has been meeting at people's houses this summer since nursery school is not in session (we're the only family in the group that doesn't have 2 kids) - it's been fun to spend time outside and meet the babies' older siblings as well.
We've also done things with the JF&CS moms outside of the Friday morning group, including a walk last week in the Mt. Auburn Cemetery. I know that sounds weird, but it was designed to be a green space and there are tons of walking trails and beautiful landscaping. Afterwards we all went to Sofra for coffee and pastries. We also had a picnic on a Sunday at the end of July so our spouses could meet as well. It was Dan's birthday, so I made cupcakes - they were a big hit!
Besides those 2 groups, Hannah and I have also gone to several programs through a local mom's group in our town. I didn't like it at first because I felt like it was hard to "break in" to the established crowd, but a lot of the babies in the group aged out and now it's just a few moms and their babies who are a little bit older than Hannah. It's a lot more fun! (unfortunately it's also at the same time as Babies and Bagels so we haven't been able to go very much.)
We also met a great mom, Sally, and her daughter, Abby, who is a few months older than Hannah through my friend Kara (from Babies and Bagels). Since Sally didn't know many other moms, she started a playgroup that meets every other Friday. The very first time I went, Hannah had a terrible blow-out at Sally's house, in which most of the contents of her diaper ended up in my lap while I was sitting on their leather couch. Sally was so helpful - she washed my clothes for me and gave me some sweats to wear while they were in the laundry. I was mortified, but now it's become a funny joke. I ALWAYS carry a spare outfit for myself now though.
Hannah and I hosted the group here this past Friday - it was so nice to see all the babies playing in our living room! I also had fun making a smorgasbord of snacks for the mommies to enjoy.
I even made a little calendar for myself of what activities we could participate in each day of the week - some weeks we're really busy! We haven't tried all of the things I've found, but we may in the future...
No comments:
Post a Comment