Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Food #3 - Pears

Hannah tried pears for the first time yesterday. She did not like them at all. I almost felt bad continuing to feed them to her because of the faces she was making.

I actually LOVE pears, and I ended up finishing the puree myself. Hopefully she'll start to like them more as time goes on...


She did enjoy playing with her spoon a lot though!


I like how she sits in her highchair with her leg up leaning against the center piece. We've tried putting the tray on it, but she's still too small for it - I think it's a little strange that she fits into the seat and not the tray. Is that what usually happens?

Since she liked playing with the spoon but not the pears, I tried letting her actually take the food out of the bowl herself (with my help). All she wanted to do was hold onto the bowl and put her foot into it. In between my hysterical laughs, I rescued her sock from getting covered in sticky pear!

In case you were wondering, she is in fact not wearing a shirt. I didn't want to get food all over the dress I had just put on her! Oops!



UPDATE: She tried pears again today and actually liked them! I think it may be because I added some formula to them. She finished the whole portion (1 ice cube's worth).

No comments:

Post a Comment