Monday, November 7, 2011

Growth Chart Update

Unfortunately Hannah and I went back to the doctor's office today. :(

She's had a cold since we were at Kate and Sean's, and she hasn't been herself all week. She's been terrible about napping, and hasn't really wanted to eat solids as much as she did before (bottles have been fine though, thank goodness!)

We were starting to wonder if there was something more going on than just a cold, so we figured it made sense to get her checked out. I also wanted to ask the doctor about the napping, so it was a good excuse to take care of both at the same time!

The doctor said her ears and throat look good, and that if the cold doesn't go away by next week, to come back and see her again. She thought that maybe Hannah isn't napping because of not feeling well, or that it could be due to separation anxiety (our guess, based on a lot of information we've read... seems like Hannah is in the the thick of the 8-month sleep regression).

I asked them to measure her length since I wanted an idea of how much longer we can use her current car seat. She's 28.5 inches, so we still have a few inches to go. Thank goodness - it's so easy to transfer her from the car to the stroller, I'm not ready to give up the SnugRide yet!

Here's an update to her growth chart (she weighed 17 lbs., 13 oz. today):

No comments:

Post a Comment