I figured I might as well catch you up on some of Hannah's experiences with new foods since I've missed posting about so many of them...
Cucumber
The first time she ate cucumber, we gave her a big spear to chew on to see what she would do with it. It was fun to see her reaction! She wasn't quite sure what to make of all of the liquid that came out when she sucked on it.
Since then, she now knows how to take big bites out of the cucumber spear, which makes us a little bit nervous. We're starting to think it might be a better idea to give her bite-sized pieces that she can pick up herself.
Since then, she now knows how to take big bites out of the cucumber spear, which makes us a little bit nervous. We're starting to think it might be a better idea to give her bite-sized pieces that she can pick up herself.
Baby Mum-Mums
Hannah LOVES eating Mum-Mums! She has gotten really good at feeding herself because of eating these rice crackers. She's also tried the Vegetable Mum-Mums and doesn't even seem to notice that we've given her 2 different kinds!
Here are some photos from the first time she ate them:
Hannah LOVES eating Mum-Mums! She has gotten really good at feeding herself because of eating these rice crackers. She's also tried the Vegetable Mum-Mums and doesn't even seem to notice that we've given her 2 different kinds!
Here are some photos from the first time she ate them:
Butternut Squash
Hannah also loves squash now, although by the look on her face in these photos, she didn't seem to love the butternut squash as much the first time she tried it as she does today.
We've made so many kinds of squash for her; it's definitely one of our go-to staples!
We've made so many kinds of squash for her; it's definitely one of our go-to staples!
Peas
Hannah tried peas for the first time when my parents and Robin were here for Rosh Hashanah, so we were able to get some great photos of her eating them!
She actually really did not like the peas - it's the first food we've given her that she didn't care for. I think it was because of how I cooked them - I didn't think they were cooked enough when I pureed them, so they're very gritty. Once we strained them for her, she likes them a lot better. We've also mixed them with a bunch of other foods and she liked those combos!
She actually really did not like the peas - it's the first food we've given her that she didn't care for. I think it was because of how I cooked them - I didn't think they were cooked enough when I pureed them, so they're very gritty. Once we strained them for her, she likes them a lot better. We've also mixed them with a bunch of other foods and she liked those combos!
Note that there is even pea in Hannah's left eyebrow!
Acorn Squash
As I mentioned above, squash is one of our favorite foods these days! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment