Monday, July 25, 2011

Rolly Polly Hannah

I've been meaning to write a post for almost a week about how Hannah also figured out how to roll from her back to front, but I now have even bigger news to share! We woke up this morning to find a screaming Hannah in her crib, on her belly!

She rolled from her back to her front and then didn't know what to do with herself. Since then, every time I've put her down on her back today, she's almost immediately rolled onto her belly. She still doesn't love being on her belly, so she's usually excited for a few minutes and then gets frustrated. It seems that she's forgotten that she knows how to roll back onto her back, so we're going to practice that with her a little bit today.

The first time she rolled from her back to her front was this past Wednesday, but she only did it once. Since then, she's been able to roll onto her side and then her left arm was blocking her from getting onto her belly. There was a lot of grunting and frustration involved (there has been A LOT of that lately). We're so excited for her that she's mastered this skill, but it makes me realize that it's definitely time to baby-proof the house now!

I'll try to get a video later of her rolling. As you can see, she's currently asleep on her belly which is also a first for her. She was napping on her back and then rolled over and got stuck on her belly while I was in the shower. Before I could get to her, she had fallen back to sleep!


Until then, here's a funny photo from the other day of Hannah on her belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment