Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Things

Today was a very exciting day for Hannah!

First, she tried on Hannah Montana brand glasses at JCPenney while Mommy was picking out new glasses for herself (wish I had gotten a photo) - Dan thought it was hysterical!

UPDATE: Dan did take a photo with his phone - I didn't realize. Sorry it's so blurry...


This evening while we were making pizza for dinner, Hannah helped in the kitchen - she played with a set of measuring spoons (we had read that it's fun for kids because it's something that makes a lot of noise, but it's also related to cooking so it helps them learn as they get older) and an empty paper towel roll. She really enjoyed both of them!


During dinner, she was eying our drinks (and our food, we think it's almost time to start her on baby cereal - she STARES at us while we eat). I decided to see what would happen if I gave her a paper cup with a little bit of water in it.

At first, she just licked the cup, but then I tipped it so a little bit of water went in her mouth. She made a face, but then started to lap at the liquid with her tongue. The game ended when she spilled the water down her shirt. Oops! She then enjoyed playing with the cup until she dropped it on the floor. At one point, it was stuck on her shoulder and she got upset because she couldn't reach it!

She also tried out holding her bottle tonight as if it was a sippy cup - Avent sells a great addition to their bottles called a "trainer" that you can put on so that babies learn how to hold sippy cups (thanks for David and Carrie for giving us a hand-me-down!). Hannah only held on to one of the two handles, but it kept her hand from going in her mouth while I was feeding her (which is one of her new not-so-fun tricks).

She also had another first at bath-time - she laid on her belly naked for the first time! As I mentioned once before, we usually let her play naked on a bathmat for a few minutes before her bath (or at least with her diaper loosened). I realized tonight that she always lies on her back for that play-time, so I decided to see what would happen if I put her on her tummy. She really liked it! (She even peed on the bathmat again! Guess I shouldn't be surprised - you know what they say, fool me twice....)

Very curious about the bathmat

Happy girl after her bath...with a clean bathmat!

One final new thing - it looks like Hannah's eyes are changing color. We're not sure what color they will end up, and her right eye is still very blue, but her left eye is starting to look more hazel or green. We really like the blue eyes, but we're excited to see what they turn out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment