Friday, July 8, 2011

First Farmer's Market


Hannah and I walked around the farmer's market in our town center yesterday afternoon. It was the first market of the year, and also Hannah's first farmer's market ever. It was a lot of fun!

We bought green garlic, scallions, strawberries and swiss chard. I got an iced tea and we wandered around looking at the vendors. Then we sat on a bench for a while and listened to the live music that was part of the market, and ended up meeting a few new people. Everyone loved looking at Hannah - she was a big hit!

Dan and I actually bought our house and moved to this town last year, less than a month before we found out I was pregnant, so we haven't had too many opportunities to get to know other people in town. It was nice to meet some new people and feel like I was a part of the community. I even met a new mom with 9 week old twin girls! It gave me perspective about how much harder it would be with two babies - wow! I told her about a few of the things that Hannah and I have been doing - I hope she comes to some of them.

I think Hannah enjoyed our time outside, although she really didn't like wearing the hat I put on her. It doesn't surprise me though; she hated wearing winter hats when she was first born. Even though this hat looks enormous, it's supposedly for 0-6 months. Maybe if I had velcro-ed the straps it would have fit better, but she fought me so much that this was the best I could do. Does Hannah have a small head? I guess we'll find out at her 4 month appointment next week. Anyway, she still looks cute...

(the couple behind Hannah LOVED her... they have an 8 month old granddaughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment