Friday, July 29, 2011

More About Music

As I mentioned in a previous post, we're trying to find good children's music for Hannah that is also enjoyable for us. I've spent much of the past week doing "research" and I've found some really fun stuff! We really like Ellis Paul, Elizabeth Mitchell, Barney Saltzberg, and the soundtrack from Curious George (by Jack Johnson). We have now learned a lot about other musicians as well... who knew there was so much great stuff out there?

First off, I've discovered some good websites:


I asked some of my mommy friends for recommendations, and here's what I got:


I also read some reviews online, and came across these compilation cds, many of which I've now requested from the library (thanks for helping with this project, Mom and Dad!):


Finally, I'm hoping to sign Hannah and Dan up for some music classes. I found this one that sounds like fun, but I'm sure there are others (maybe even some free ones?)!

PS - Is it wrong that I can already picture Hannah on the playground, saying something like "You don't know who --insert name of really cool musician here-- is? My mom and dad and I listen to him all the time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment