I'm not sure how I missed posting about Hannah getting her 5th tooth, but she's now working on her 6th one (the tight tooth next to her two center teeth on the top of her mouth)! It's taking a long time to come in, but we can definitely see the bottom of it poking through her gums.
She actually had what we decided was an eruption cyst (based on our online research!) on her gums by that tooth - her gums were really swollen and bluish and it eventually "popped" and started bleeding when Dan tried to see what was going on with it. It was really scary, but she seems to be fine now.
We actually have an appointment with a dentist in a few weeks to make sure that we're doing everything we should be with her teeth. I had so many cavities when I was little that I don't want her to go through it if we can avoid it. I hope she got Dan's teeth - he's never had a cavity!
We have been trying really hard to brush her teeth, but she hates it and fights us. I've had a little bit more luck than Dan, so we've been trying different amounts of pressure and singing "Brush Your Teeth" while we do it to see if that would help.
She also likes it if we pretend to brush our teeth or if we let her wear one of the two finger toothbrushes we have while we're cleaning her teeth. Sometimes she wants us to clean her stuffed animals' "teeth" also (which is good, because she usually wants us to feed them her milk also! I accidentally turned it into a game a few weeks ago when I made slurping noises while pretending to feed her teddy bear and now she has to stop and take breaks to feed her animals while she's drinking).
Does anyone have any tips about tooth-brushing?
No comments:
Post a Comment