Last week, Hannah and I spent a few hours playing with pipe cleaners! I got the idea from this blog post about activities to do with a one-year-old. I was actually amazed at how long this held her attention.
First, we put the pipe cleaners in an old puffs container and took them out again. (She loves playing "In and Out.")
Once she got tired of that, I showed her how to put the lid on the container and shake it so she could hear the pipe cleaners move around inside. We also "drummed" on the lid.
| Trying to put her foot in the container! |
Then I made the pipe cleaners into bracelets! She wasn't so sure about wearing them, but she liked putting them into the container as circles. They didn't make quite as much noise this way though...
They also made a great hat!
This was a great "rainy day" activity - I'm definitely going to do it again.
I also like the suggestion in that blog post about making holes in the lid of the container once she gets older so that she can try and fit the pipe cleaners through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment