Our synagogue had a Tot Shabbat program this past Friday night. There had been one back in October but we hadn't gone to it, so I was looking forward to checking it out and sharing it with Hannah.
I'm not sure how much she got out of it yet, but we had fun mingling with some of the parents that I've met through Babies and Bagels and I definitely want to keep going to them in the future - I wish they were more often!
We were one of the first families to arrive, so Hannah enjoyed crawling around on the carpet and trying to walk up and down the aisle in the center of the sanctuary.
The program started with a very short service using a prayer book meant for young children. It was more like a picture book than anything else, and Hannah liked looking at the illustrations. She also liked the songs we sang - not surprising considering how much she loves music!
After the service, everyone went into the social hall for dinner - a buffet of different pasta dishes and salad. The mac and cheese was particularly good (Hannah thought so too!).
They had so more singing after dinner, and Hannah crawled over to the windows and was looking outside during the music. Babies and Bagels meets in the same room, so she's used to looking at the lawn of the temple there.
Not sure what she was doing here!
Then they had dessert (make your own sundaes!) and Hannah ate most of a Hoodsie (a Dixie cup for those of you who don't live in MA). It was the first time she's ever had chocolate ice cream, although she didn't really seem to notice the difference when the vanilla was gone and I switched to giving her chocolate.
As we were leaving, they gave all of the kids kazoos and animal crackers to take home. Hannah loved playing with the noise maker on the way home, but didn't like the noise it made when Dan or I blew into it. We tried to teach her to do it herself - it was really funny. She eventually ripped all of the tinsel off of it and I was putting it in her hair and telling her she looked beautiful.
(We found a piece of tinsel in the kitchen yesterday, and she immediately put it in her hair. Apparently she really does learn quickly!)
After we got home from temple, Hannah got a special treat - sitting on the counter to help us put stuff away! She was so happy...
No comments:
Post a Comment