Hannah and I played with her baby pool this afternoon!
She was very curious about the pool yesterday when we were filling it, and kept "stealing" the air pump away from Dan and taking it with her to her Cozy Coupe. At one point, she even walked about 5 or 6 steps from Dan to the car because she doesn't like crawling on the grass!
All morning, she kept pointing to the pool through the windows in the kitchen. When we left to go to a play date, she wanted to see the pool first.
I figured she would be really excited about going into the pool, but she wasn't nearly as into it as I thought she would be - at first. There had been a sun shade across the back half of the pool, but I realized that she was afraid of it, so I took it off. That helped a little bit, as did sitting on my lap for 20 minutes right next to the pool.
We dropped leaves into the pool and she enjoyed watching them float around. I had also brought a few of her bath toys outside with us, so we put them into the pool and watched them move.
I splashed her with a little bit of the water, and she was curious about it. I put her into the pool so she was standing, and she whined a little, and then sat down and was really unhappy (I think the water was still a bit cool even though it had been sitting there all day warming up in the sun). Once she was acclimated to the temperature, she was MUCH happier. In fact, I couldn't get her to get out! She was shivering by the end, but was having so much fun that I felt bad taking her out of the pool.
I think one of her issues was that her bathing suit is a little big, and she wasn't used to having wet sleeves. Since it was the first time she went swimming outside in the sun, I wanted to make sure she was really covered up. She got used to it though.
She also didn't want to wear the hat at first. She actually dropped it into the pool and watched it sink. After I rang it out, she was really curious about it and then let me put it on her! What a silly girl...
She was very curious about the pool yesterday when we were filling it, and kept "stealing" the air pump away from Dan and taking it with her to her Cozy Coupe. At one point, she even walked about 5 or 6 steps from Dan to the car because she doesn't like crawling on the grass!
All morning, she kept pointing to the pool through the windows in the kitchen. When we left to go to a play date, she wanted to see the pool first.
I figured she would be really excited about going into the pool, but she wasn't nearly as into it as I thought she would be - at first. There had been a sun shade across the back half of the pool, but I realized that she was afraid of it, so I took it off. That helped a little bit, as did sitting on my lap for 20 minutes right next to the pool.
We dropped leaves into the pool and she enjoyed watching them float around. I had also brought a few of her bath toys outside with us, so we put them into the pool and watched them move.
I splashed her with a little bit of the water, and she was curious about it. I put her into the pool so she was standing, and she whined a little, and then sat down and was really unhappy (I think the water was still a bit cool even though it had been sitting there all day warming up in the sun). Once she was acclimated to the temperature, she was MUCH happier. In fact, I couldn't get her to get out! She was shivering by the end, but was having so much fun that I felt bad taking her out of the pool.
I think one of her issues was that her bathing suit is a little big, and she wasn't used to having wet sleeves. Since it was the first time she went swimming outside in the sun, I wanted to make sure she was really covered up. She got used to it though.
She also didn't want to wear the hat at first. She actually dropped it into the pool and watched it sink. After I rang it out, she was really curious about it and then let me put it on her! What a silly girl...
"What's this thing for?"
Finally, a smile!
No more hat!
I think I mentioned in a previous post that Hannah LOVES dandelions. Pretty soon, there won't be any left on our lawn! She likes to have one in each hand...
And a video:
The best part of this video? When I showed it to Dan after he got home, the real Hannah was responding to the recorded version of me asking her to splash and kick! I wish I had gotten THAT on tape too.
No comments:
Post a Comment