Hannah has started going to day care one day a week! We were really nervous at first, but we had received really positive reviews about the place where she's going - it was recommended to us by a friend whose daughter goes there two days a week.
The center is family-run (by two sisters and their mom), but they've been around for decades so they have a large building and 5 classrooms (it goes up to pre-school!). It's sort of the best of both worlds for us because they allowed us to send her just one day a week, but it's not just a single person watching a few kids at their house (which I wasn't comfortable with).
Before Hannah went for a full day, we had a few short visits there. During the first one, Hannah played in the infant room while I filled out paperwork in the office. I could hear her from where I was sitting, but not see her (and she couldn't see me). She had so much fun - she did better than they had been expecting!
Our next visit was actually on my birthday - Hannah stayed there for a couple of hours while I went out to eat with my parents for my birthday. We went to a restaurant that was near the day care in case Hannah had a meltdown (or in case I did!). Again, she did great.
She had one more short visit before she went for a full day on March 19th. She cried when I left her off that day but I was extremely upset and nervous knowing that I would be apart from her for so long. I have to think that she sensed that, and we also didn't really say goodbye to each other because she got so upset that the teacher tried to distract her on the other side of the room.
I know that she had fun though - when I went to pick her up that day, she was sweaty, had crackers in her hair, and food stains all over her pants. If that's not the sign of a good day for a little girl, then I don't know what is! (and it was really cute, she crawled right into my arms and immediately waved good-bye to her teacher!)
She had a good time last Monday when she went as well, and apparently even played with crayons? I'm curious to see how they did it - we tried to get her to play with them this weekend, and she had no interest! Maybe it was because the other kids were doing it too?
The center is family-run (by two sisters and their mom), but they've been around for decades so they have a large building and 5 classrooms (it goes up to pre-school!). It's sort of the best of both worlds for us because they allowed us to send her just one day a week, but it's not just a single person watching a few kids at their house (which I wasn't comfortable with).
Before Hannah went for a full day, we had a few short visits there. During the first one, Hannah played in the infant room while I filled out paperwork in the office. I could hear her from where I was sitting, but not see her (and she couldn't see me). She had so much fun - she did better than they had been expecting!
Our next visit was actually on my birthday - Hannah stayed there for a couple of hours while I went out to eat with my parents for my birthday. We went to a restaurant that was near the day care in case Hannah had a meltdown (or in case I did!). Again, she did great.
She had one more short visit before she went for a full day on March 19th. She cried when I left her off that day but I was extremely upset and nervous knowing that I would be apart from her for so long. I have to think that she sensed that, and we also didn't really say goodbye to each other because she got so upset that the teacher tried to distract her on the other side of the room.
I know that she had fun though - when I went to pick her up that day, she was sweaty, had crackers in her hair, and food stains all over her pants. If that's not the sign of a good day for a little girl, then I don't know what is! (and it was really cute, she crawled right into my arms and immediately waved good-bye to her teacher!)
She had a good time last Monday when she went as well, and apparently even played with crayons? I'm curious to see how they did it - we tried to get her to play with them this weekend, and she had no interest! Maybe it was because the other kids were doing it too?
She's made a few friends already - it's so adorable! Last week when I went to pick her up, I had a few minutes to watch her play with another little girl before she noticed I was there. Apparently Molly thinks Hannah is hysterical!
We also interviewed a babysitter today - we've never left Hannah alone with a stranger at our house. We joined Sittercity a few months ago, but couldn't decide who to pick as a good sitter. We finally decided to just narrow it down to a few, and this woman just seemed really great. We liked her even more in person - I hope it works out for her to babysit Hannah! I can't wait to have a date night...
We also interviewed a babysitter today - we've never left Hannah alone with a stranger at our house. We joined Sittercity a few months ago, but couldn't decide who to pick as a good sitter. We finally decided to just narrow it down to a few, and this woman just seemed really great. We liked her even more in person - I hope it works out for her to babysit Hannah! I can't wait to have a date night...
No comments:
Post a Comment