Her hair is growing in and it makes her look more like a toddler. I mentioned before that it's long enough now to go onto her ears, and that I like to push it back behind them when I can. I have also started brushing her "bangs" to one side and I think it looks really cute! (you can see it in the 2nd video below)
We went out to lunch today with Becca and Josh, and we were sitting near the doorway. Hannah saw someone leaving the restaurant, and waved bye-bye to them even though no one prompted her to do so!
She also figured out that she can reach almost anything that is on the night-stand in her room or on our make-shift end tables (really just tray tables, we're still trying to find the right end tables for the living room!).
Yesterday, she walked back and forth a few times while pushing a toy (and without me holding her at all). I caught a really short clip of it - she was actually walking faster than this when I was walking next to her, but when I stopped to get the camera, she slowed down. Dan and I laughed that it looks like she's an old lady!
I think she knew that she had done something great after she walked alone - you could see on her face that she was very proud of herself!
She will also now move from one toy or object to another if she feels comfortable enough, as you can see in this video (sorry if it's a little long!):
She used a fork for the first time the other day, and she liked it! I think the food stayed on better, although it could have been because the food itself was stickier... who knows?

She is now very emphatic about pointing at things she wants or places in the house she wants us to take her. She also gestures to us constantly that she wants to be picked up, although she usually wants to be put down right away afterwards.
Oh, and she's now VERY ticklish! She has started "asking" us to turn on the TV to listen to Pandora whenever we're in the living room (we listen through the Blu-Ray player and turn the TV picture off so it's just sound). She picks up the remote and either hands it to you or tries to turn it on herself. When you ask if she wants to listen to the music, she starts to dance. When she sees the TV turn on, she gets really excited.
She also thinks it's really funny if one of us is holding her and the other one pretends to sneak up behind them. This is especially true when we're going up the stairs. We've turned it into a game and she has this laugh that she doesn't really use other times - it's almost like it's coming from her throat!
One final discovery - Hannah is now highly amused by "people" things. And by "people" things, I mean "grown-up" things. She spent a half hour yesterday playing with the remote control and a big throw blanket. She tried to put the blanket on top of the remote, and then vice-versa. She cuddled with the remote on the blanket. She very gingerly put the remote down the blanket and picked up the blanket. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud - it was just so cute.
Then we played with the tissue box and a coupon for a long time. She took tissues out the box, tried to eat them, I tossed them in the air so she could watch them fall, she tried to eat them, I put them on my head and then on her head, she tried to eat them, she ripped them, she tried to eat them, she tried to put them back in the box, she tried to eat them, I rubbed it against her face so she could feel what it felt like, she tried to eat them. You get the point. Lots of fun!
Oh, and apparently paper bags are really fun too! (remind me again why we spend money on toys?)
"Really, is this photo-worthy, Mommy?"
Seeing if she can get them in her mouth at the same time!
She is now very emphatic about pointing at things she wants or places in the house she wants us to take her. She also gestures to us constantly that she wants to be picked up, although she usually wants to be put down right away afterwards.
Oh, and she's now VERY ticklish! She has started "asking" us to turn on the TV to listen to Pandora whenever we're in the living room (we listen through the Blu-Ray player and turn the TV picture off so it's just sound). She picks up the remote and either hands it to you or tries to turn it on herself. When you ask if she wants to listen to the music, she starts to dance. When she sees the TV turn on, she gets really excited.
She also thinks it's really funny if one of us is holding her and the other one pretends to sneak up behind them. This is especially true when we're going up the stairs. We've turned it into a game and she has this laugh that she doesn't really use other times - it's almost like it's coming from her throat!
One final discovery - Hannah is now highly amused by "people" things. And by "people" things, I mean "grown-up" things. She spent a half hour yesterday playing with the remote control and a big throw blanket. She tried to put the blanket on top of the remote, and then vice-versa. She cuddled with the remote on the blanket. She very gingerly put the remote down the blanket and picked up the blanket. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud - it was just so cute.
Then we played with the tissue box and a coupon for a long time. She took tissues out the box, tried to eat them, I tossed them in the air so she could watch them fall, she tried to eat them, I put them on my head and then on her head, she tried to eat them, she ripped them, she tried to eat them, she tried to put them back in the box, she tried to eat them, I rubbed it against her face so she could feel what it felt like, she tried to eat them. You get the point. Lots of fun!
Oh, and apparently paper bags are really fun too! (remind me again why we spend money on toys?)
No comments:
Post a Comment