Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Marty and Joanna's Wedding

Our friends Marty and Joanna had their wedding reception at their house this past Sunday, and we had a great time!

Along with some of our other friends, we got a hotel room so that we could stay close to the reception and go to the King Richard's Faire the next day (more on that in a little while).  We upgraded to a small suite so that we'd have a little bit of extra room - it included a small kitchenette.  Hannah loved that there were open cabinets to play with!


I bought this dress for Hannah at a charity clothing sale almost a year ago.  I've been waiting for so long for her to wear it, and this seemed like the perfect occasion.  I know it's cheesy, but I liked that it's now September and there were apples on the dress!

She LOVES these party shoes - she's been wearing them around the house for days as dress-up shoes.  She's also been wearing Mardi Gras beads with it, and she was confused about why she couldn't wear the necklace ("neh neh") too.  We convinced her that it was okay because she was wearing fancy socks.

Marty and Joanna and their families thought of all of the details!  We appreciated that Hannah was even invited, but they had tons of stuff for kids to play with and do.  Since they live on a cul-de-sac, there was a kids' table set up in the center of the circle with coloring pages, rubber duckies, glow-sticks, sidewalk chalk, ribbons, balloons, etc.  Hannah even found herself a new necklace!


They had Adirondack chairs set up in a few areas for people to sit and chat, and Hannah really liked sitting in them.  She wanted me to sit in one of the chairs next to her, but there was a bee on it, so I (obviously) didn't want to sit there.  I explained to her why I couldn't sit in that chair, so she got up and walked over to it and started trying to talk to the bee.  She was very excited about the bee, and starting shrieking "hi hi hi" and waving to the bee.  For the rest of the night, every time she saw those chairs, she said "buh buh"!


Over the course of the evening, Hannah collected a variety of different "treasures" in a small sidewalk chalk container.  She carried the bucket around like it was a purse (no surprise there!) and wouldn't let anyone take it away from her.  The contents included: several ribbons, an LED light that had been inside of a balloon which popped, Mardi Gras beads, a few glow-sticks (until they started leaking and we took them away from her), a tiny pink rubber ducky, and a green bouncy ball (which has since disappeared under our oven, probably never to be seen again).

After she asked me to roll up her sleeves

Since this blog is focused on Hannah, I've only shared the details of the event that involved her, but Dan and I had a great time at the reception as well.  Wishing them a lifetime of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment