Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Poop Goes in the Potty!"

Ok, I know what you're thinking - I'm crazy.  Or gross.  Or both. (it's from a children's song, btw...)

But Hannah's poop went in the potty this morning, so I had to share the news!

I'll try not to be too graphic...

She's been really curious about what happens when we go to the bathroom, so I bought her a potty yesterday.  It was sitting in the kitchen still in its package, and she asked me to open it.  

We took it into the bathroom and she sat on it for a little while (while asking me to sit on the real toilet).  We read a book and she played with the stickers that had come with the potty.  Then, all of a sudden, she got up and squatted down like she was going to poop on the floor, so I explained to her that she should try to go in the potty instead.  I wasn't really expecting her to, but she did. 

I got really excited about it and we woke up Dan to tell him.  I'm not sure if she really understood what happened, but I still think it counts as a milestone, right?

I have been thinking that maybe it's still a bit early for trying potty training, but she always comes into the bathroom with me and understands what toilet paper is for (she kept asking me for some while she was sitting on the potty).  A lot of our friends have already gotten potties and let their kids sit on them from time to time to get them used to it, so I figured it couldn't hurt.  I'm in shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment