We took Hannah apple picking today at Honey Pot Hill Orchards and she had so much fun!
I love apple picking, so I've been looking forward to taking her for weeks. She enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting her to - she got really into it.
We met Becca, Dan and Josh there, and while we were waiting for them, Hannah got a chance to talk to Henry the Bear. She really liked him, and just wanted to touch his nose. I'm not sure where the person's eyes were, so I hope she wasn't continually poking them in the face! She also really wanted Henry the Bear to pick her up - I'm glad he didn't!
Hannah learned quickly how to pick the apples, and was really enjoying it...
until she discovered that we could also eat the apples! She was SO happy and then had no real interest in picking apples after that. I think she may have eaten the majority of 2 or maybe even 3 apples.
![]() |
| Love this photo! |
After picking, we went to the farm store and had cider donuts (SO yummy!) and wandered around looking at the animals they have at the orchard (goats, pigs, chickens, a rooster and a duck).
Then we took a hayride back to our car - when we stopped at the first stop on the route, she started asking for "1 more" (which she does by holding up 1 finger) - she liked the ride so much she wanted to continue!
We picked a big bag of apples - there are 53 apples in our fridge waiting to be turned into delicious goodies!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment