Hannah is talking up a storm these days, and I realized that I should probably write some of them down before she learns how to say them correctly and it's not nearly as cute. I'm going to try and make these as phonetic as I can!
We've been calling her our little pirate, because she says "aye" when she means "yes."
She loves to go outside, so we hear a lot of "zhoo" - "shoe." (She will also get us our shoes, and she's really good and knowing which are mine and which are Dan's. Today she was standing around in his sneakers, but fell over when she tried to walk.)
I think her favorite word might be "utter," which is her way of saying "other." She always wants you to do things to both of something - for example, if you wash one hand, you have to wash the "utter."
For some unknown reason, she calls diapers "gup gup."
Music is "me me" but she says something similar when she wants to look in the mirror. (She loves to look in the mirror after she gets dressed in the morning.) She also knows to call herself "me," so that word is just confusing all around!
She likes for you to put things "away way" or get her a "new new" one. She tells you when something is "ga" (garbage) and when to "kla" ("close") a door.
She knows "blue," "black," "red" and "white," and possibly yellow and green.
If you say "one, two," she says something that sounds like "three." After you sing the alphabet to her, if you start over, she'll say "B" after "A."
She knows just about every animal noise, including what a seal "says." It's really cute to hear her say the noises, and I think her favorite animal right now is a sheep - aka "baa.")
Most of her words are just the first syllable of the real word, but a lot of it is based on context. We've actually gotten pretty good at communicating with her!
She still signs for "please" but can say "peas" if you ask her to. She can sign for "more" but now usually just asks for "one more" by putting her pointer finger in the air and saying "one more."
She tells you when she wants to "eat eat" and when she wants to get "up." Unfortunately, "help" sounds just like "up" because she can't make the "H" sound yet!
She calls "Titi" Robin by name ("Didi") and talks about her constantly! She knows our guest room as "Titi's room" and likes to act out things that Robin has done with her (popping her finger out of her mouth, pushing the air of her cheeks, etc).
She spent much of this weekend walking around our house with an old phone up to her ear, saying "Dada." Whenever the phone rings, she says "Dada" even if Dan is sitting right next to it. We're wondering if she thinks a phone is actually called "Dada?"
Hannah loves to play dress-up these days and will ask for her "neck" - a chain of red Mardi Gras beads that she wants to wear all the time.
That's all I can think of right now, but I'll try and see if she says anything else tomorrow that I should document!
She knows just about every animal noise, including what a seal "says." It's really cute to hear her say the noises, and I think her favorite animal right now is a sheep - aka "baa.")
Most of her words are just the first syllable of the real word, but a lot of it is based on context. We've actually gotten pretty good at communicating with her!
She still signs for "please" but can say "peas" if you ask her to. She can sign for "more" but now usually just asks for "one more" by putting her pointer finger in the air and saying "one more."
She tells you when she wants to "eat eat" and when she wants to get "up." Unfortunately, "help" sounds just like "up" because she can't make the "H" sound yet!
She calls "Titi" Robin by name ("Didi") and talks about her constantly! She knows our guest room as "Titi's room" and likes to act out things that Robin has done with her (popping her finger out of her mouth, pushing the air of her cheeks, etc).
She spent much of this weekend walking around our house with an old phone up to her ear, saying "Dada." Whenever the phone rings, she says "Dada" even if Dan is sitting right next to it. We're wondering if she thinks a phone is actually called "Dada?"
Hannah loves to play dress-up these days and will ask for her "neck" - a chain of red Mardi Gras beads that she wants to wear all the time.
That's all I can think of right now, but I'll try and see if she says anything else tomorrow that I should document!
No comments:
Post a Comment