Wow - I didn't realize that almost 3 weeks have gone by since I last posted. The past few weeks have certainly been a whirlwind for us! I'm also dealing with "mommy thumb" (aka De Quervain's tendinitis). I've had it since a week or two after Hannah was born, but I finally started going to occupational therapy for it. The therapy has been helping, but using a computer is one of the more painful things for me right now (unfortunately!).
Guess I'll give a quick update about as many things as I can think of...
We've had several visitors in the last few weeks - Kate and Sean were here with their adorable little one-month-old baby, Alex. He's my favorite little boy and I can't wait to see him again in just a few weeks when we go out there to visit them.
A few days after they left, my parents and Robin were here to celebrate Rosh Hashanah. It was so nice to have them stay for so long - the house seems so quiet and empty now!
Hannah is now not only sitting on her own, but is also on the move. She hasn't quite mastered official crawling, but has developed her own method of moving that involves crawling with her hands and dragging her feet along with her. Most of the time, she sits up in between the crawling motions because when she's on all fours, her instinct is to sit up. It's really funny to watch (I'll try to catch it on video if I can). We're excited for her continued development, but terrified about having a mobile baby! I guess it's time to start baby-proofing the house.
I took this photo the other night - I was trying to make baby food for her in the kitchen, and she wouldn't stay in one place! We discovered that she's just the right height to fit under our dining room chairs!
She loves to eat and will pretty much eat anything put in front of her. So far, it seems like her least favorite foods are rice cereal and peas, but she will still eat them. The rice cereal is definitely due to its texture - it's much thicker and pastier than the oat cereal. I'm not sure if I didn't cook the peas enough and that's why she doesn't like them (there are still small chunks in the puree) or if she actually doesn't like peas. We'll have to try them again in the future and see.
We've been having some sleep issues - Hannah was being very stubborn about taking naps. She has started sleeping even longer overnight without waking up though (usually about 11+ hours) so we didn't want to do anything to mess with that. I've realized that she's gotten used to falling asleep in our arms again because of it, and we're trying to get her to go back to falling asleep on her own. It may be a rough few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment