Hannah tried mango yesterday for the first time and we think she really liked it!
It was very easy to make - we just took off the skin and then pureed it - no need to cook it. I was a bit unsure about whether or not it was too early to give her mango because I had heard that some people can have a reaction to it, but so far so good.
It's been so amazing to watch Hannah try new foods - she really loves to eat and I think she'd be happy to eat what we're eating. She stares so intently when we eat around her that I can't wait for when she can eat more than just purees.
We have given her Baby Mum-Mums which are just rice flour, potato starch and a little bit of sugar - they dissolve when she sucks on them. She really likes eating them, and has even figured out how to bite off chunks of the crackers. Someone once told me they taste like communion wafers, if that helps at all for you to visualize it. I think they taste like Passover food (must be the potato starch).
She has also eaten strips of cucumber and banana and has managed to get them down pretty well. It's funny to watch her eat the banana - it smushes so much in her hands that she doesn't realize she's still holding it!
Here are some photos and a video from yesterday's mangoes:
PS - Her teeth have now broken through and are so little and adorable! She seems to be in a much better mood, and we can't wait to see what she looks like with real teeth. Last week was really rough with her sinus infection and teething, so hopefully this week will be a lot better!
No comments:
Post a Comment