At Hannah's 2 month appointment a few weeks ago, we got a handout about things that 2 month old babies can do. She actually is able to do all of these things - we're so proud of you, honey!
- Watches faces
- Smiles at people
- Recognizes parents
- Startles (especially with toys that squeak)
- Blinks (but not very often)
- Turns to sounds
- Coos (she even makes laughing sounds sometimes!)
- Makes sounds when talked to
- Grasps rattle placed in hands (not very well and not for very long)
- Head control improves (people even commented on this to me yesterday)
- Begins to get hands to mouth (VERY often! and other stuff goes into her mouth a lot now too)
She's been sleeping really well at night now too - of course, I hope I'm not jinxing it by writing this. Most nights she'll go to sleep around 7:30 or 8 and wake up around midnight or 1 am for a feeding. Then she'll wake up again sometime between 5:30 and 7. One night last week, she slept from 7:30 to 2:30! Now if we could just convince ourselves to go to bed earlier, we might be back to a (somewhat) normal amount of sleep.
She was always falling asleep on us, but this week we've started trying to get her to fall asleep on her own. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (it's hard to listen to her cry!). I guess we'll say it's a work in progress. We're happy with how it's going so far!
She still moves her arms and legs CONSTANTLY - the doctor actually has to have us hold her so she can listen to Hannah's heartbeat because she moves so much that it makes too much noise! It's sort of funny sometimes when you're trying to change her diaper - she moves so much that you have to almost learn to expect which way her legs are going to or else the diaper will move with her... ok, maybe that's not actually funny. We haven't had an accident from that yet, although she does frequently pee when she's not wearing a diaper. We joke that she thinks she's a boy or something!
I actually saw her roll onto her side the other day when she was lying on a blanket on the floor. I have a feeling she'll roll over soon - I'm not ready for it!
She was always falling asleep on us, but this week we've started trying to get her to fall asleep on her own. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (it's hard to listen to her cry!). I guess we'll say it's a work in progress. We're happy with how it's going so far!
She still moves her arms and legs CONSTANTLY - the doctor actually has to have us hold her so she can listen to Hannah's heartbeat because she moves so much that it makes too much noise! It's sort of funny sometimes when you're trying to change her diaper - she moves so much that you have to almost learn to expect which way her legs are going to or else the diaper will move with her... ok, maybe that's not actually funny. We haven't had an accident from that yet, although she does frequently pee when she's not wearing a diaper. We joke that she thinks she's a boy or something!
I actually saw her roll onto her side the other day when she was lying on a blanket on the floor. I have a feeling she'll roll over soon - I'm not ready for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment