I've been feeling like I want to spend more time with other mommies, so I went looking for some opportunities for play groups for me and Hannah.
About a month ago, I started going to Babies & Bagels, a group through our synagogue for moms with children ages 1 month - 20 months. They meet on Tuesday mornings. I've really enjoyed getting to know the moms there, although I don't always feel like I can relate to what they're going through. All of their babies who are older than Hannah (the next youngest is 5 months old, but most of them are 1 year+) and all of them are also second children. It turns out the moms meet while their older children are attending our temple's nursery school. I'm not sure what happens when nursery school ends up in a few weeks; I hope they continue to meet over the summer. Hannah seems to be the hit of the group - both the other babies and the moms love her!
I also joined a new moms group through Jewish Family and Children's Services this past week. I really enjoyed it - there were 18 other moms and 19 other children (1 mom has twins - it turns out I know her from college, what a small world!). It was great to be around other women who are having very similar experiences to mine, and to get (and give!) some good advice.
Hannah and I also met up with a co-worker of mine and her son Lucas (who is 2 weeks younger than Hannah) for lunch the other day. EVERYONE wanted to know if we were related - it was sort of funny - we don't look anything alike, nor do our babies. Do sisters normally have babies within weeks of each other? I didn't think it was that common. Once they discovered we weren't sisters, they all made jokes about Hannah and Lucas being on a date. (as a side note, Dan and I were just commenting tonight about how many people stop us to ask about Hannah and tell us nice things about her - we weren't expecting that!)
Finally, I had a great conversation the other day with an old friend, Jen, who is also a new mom. Her daughter, Abby, is 2 weeks older than Hannah, and apparently very similar to her. I can't wait for them to meet!
PS - Nichole, we miss you and the kids! Let's get together soon.
About a month ago, I started going to Babies & Bagels, a group through our synagogue for moms with children ages 1 month - 20 months. They meet on Tuesday mornings. I've really enjoyed getting to know the moms there, although I don't always feel like I can relate to what they're going through. All of their babies who are older than Hannah (the next youngest is 5 months old, but most of them are 1 year+) and all of them are also second children. It turns out the moms meet while their older children are attending our temple's nursery school. I'm not sure what happens when nursery school ends up in a few weeks; I hope they continue to meet over the summer. Hannah seems to be the hit of the group - both the other babies and the moms love her!
I also joined a new moms group through Jewish Family and Children's Services this past week. I really enjoyed it - there were 18 other moms and 19 other children (1 mom has twins - it turns out I know her from college, what a small world!). It was great to be around other women who are having very similar experiences to mine, and to get (and give!) some good advice.
Hannah and I also met up with a co-worker of mine and her son Lucas (who is 2 weeks younger than Hannah) for lunch the other day. EVERYONE wanted to know if we were related - it was sort of funny - we don't look anything alike, nor do our babies. Do sisters normally have babies within weeks of each other? I didn't think it was that common. Once they discovered we weren't sisters, they all made jokes about Hannah and Lucas being on a date. (as a side note, Dan and I were just commenting tonight about how many people stop us to ask about Hannah and tell us nice things about her - we weren't expecting that!)
Finally, I had a great conversation the other day with an old friend, Jen, who is also a new mom. Her daughter, Abby, is 2 weeks older than Hannah, and apparently very similar to her. I can't wait for them to meet!
PS - Nichole, we miss you and the kids! Let's get together soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment