Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gaining Steadily...

Hannah has been to the pediatrician's office twice this week (yes, she does have very nervous first-time parents, just go with it, okay?)...

Yesterday's visit was because she threw up what felt like an entire 5 ounce feeding and wasn't acting like herself. (By the way, thrown up formula is very warm and disgusting - I basically took a shower in it. Ew.) The doctor said that she's okay, and that she's growing really well (she weighed 9 lbs., 8 oz.)

Today's visit was because last night I accidentally squashed her foot in her swing - I actually think it's a problem with the swing and I'm concerned about it for other kids too - I didn't realize that there was a vertical part attached to the toy bar when I went to put it on the swing. It wouldn't latch (because her foot was in the way, but I couldn't see it) so I put a lot of pressure on the toy bar hoping to get it to close, at which point I discovered that Hannah's face was bright red and she was crying so hard that it was silent. I felt AWFUL, and we immediately called the doctor on call. Her foot was very red but returned to normal quickly and she fell asleep a little while later. Thankfully there was no bruise there today. I took her to the doctor just to make sure she was alright (she is).

She weighed 9 lbs., 8.5 oz. today. The other highlight of our visit to the doctor's was when she peed on the exam table, resulting in her third outfit change of the day (the first one was another blowout).

Wow, what a week!

PS - We decided to keep track of her height and weight - check out the amazing chart Dan made!


No comments:

Post a Comment