This morning was Hannah's 2 month check-up at the pediatrician's office. She's doing really great - the doctor said she's perfect! (we already thought so, but it's nice to hear it from someone else...)
The poor kid got three vaccines - DTaP, Hib, and Rotavirus (which is actually administered orally, I didn't know that). She has been really mopey and cuddly all day. I wouldn't say she's been "fussy," but she has been crying off and on.
I took her temperature twice (the first time I've used a rectal thermometer - I think it was harder on me than it was on her!). The second time she had a fever of 100.2, so we gave her infant Tylenol (as a side note, why is it cherry flavored and artificially colored? The only tastes she knows so far are breast milk and formula!) We gave her a bath because the doctor recommended that it might help her fever go down as well. She felt a lot cooler when she just fell asleep, so hopefully she's doing better. It was so hard to see her not feeling well today.
Her next check-up is at 4 months, unless we are concerned about anything. I can't even imagine how different she'll be by then!
Her stats:
9 lbs., 14.4 oz. (25th percentile)
37.6 cm head circumference (25th percentile)
23 inches long (above average)
It's so funny to us that she really is long and skinny - I wonder if she'll stay this way for a while or if she'll get chunkier soon.
An update to her chart:
The poor kid got three vaccines - DTaP, Hib, and Rotavirus (which is actually administered orally, I didn't know that). She has been really mopey and cuddly all day. I wouldn't say she's been "fussy," but she has been crying off and on.
I took her temperature twice (the first time I've used a rectal thermometer - I think it was harder on me than it was on her!). The second time she had a fever of 100.2, so we gave her infant Tylenol (as a side note, why is it cherry flavored and artificially colored? The only tastes she knows so far are breast milk and formula!) We gave her a bath because the doctor recommended that it might help her fever go down as well. She felt a lot cooler when she just fell asleep, so hopefully she's doing better. It was so hard to see her not feeling well today.
Her next check-up is at 4 months, unless we are concerned about anything. I can't even imagine how different she'll be by then!
Her stats:
9 lbs., 14.4 oz. (25th percentile)
37.6 cm head circumference (25th percentile)
23 inches long (above average)
It's so funny to us that she really is long and skinny - I wonder if she'll stay this way for a while or if she'll get chunkier soon.
An update to her chart:
No comments:
Post a Comment