Hannah and Dan had a great time playing outside on our lawn today.
First they ran through the sprinkler. Hannah quickly warmed up to the idea of it and was running around the lawn like crazy. I've actually never seen her walk so much (or fall down so much!), let alone walk on the grass!
I took another video but she just kept falling down and I don't think it's necessarily appropriate to share here (although we might be able to win "America's Funniest Home Videos" with it).
Next they played with her water table (and Dan had fun shooting the play people at me... not nice!). She LOVES splashing with the water in the table. We also put one of her bath toys into the table and she had fun filling it with water.
They also played in her baby pool, but the water was SO cold that they weren't able to stay in it for very long. Hannah kept trying to get back in though, she really is a water baby!
Later in the day, Dan and I were working on our garden and we were really impressed at how independently Hannah played outside. She had a lot of fun pretending to drive her car - she turned the steering wheel and even made noises that sounded like driving!
She also came and took a peek inside the garden with me and I had fun explaining all of the different plants to her. She was even willing to touch the tomato plants. I'm excited to share gardening with her for real when she's a bit older.
And as a special treat, we decided to go and get ice cream this afternoon at a local homemade ice cream shop. Hannah was so excited - we asked her if she wanted to get ice cream and she got a big smile on her face and signed "please." She kept asking for more ice cream every time Dan or I stopped feeding her so we could eat our own (now she signs "more" and also says "mo mo.").
And as a special treat, we decided to go and get ice cream this afternoon at a local homemade ice cream shop. Hannah was so excited - we asked her if she wanted to get ice cream and she got a big smile on her face and signed "please." She kept asking for more ice cream every time Dan or I stopped feeding her so we could eat our own (now she signs "more" and also says "mo mo.").
No comments:
Post a Comment