Saturday, June 23, 2012

Shucking Corn

We had corn with dinner last night, and Hannah helped me to shuck the ears of corn before Dan got home from work.

Since that was always my job when I was growing up, it was fun to share it with her.  I also enjoyed teaching her how to do something, and she learned what to do really quickly. 

She did not like touching the "hairs" of the corn (especially the black ones at the top) but really had fun pulling off the sections of the husk.  A few times, I was holding it too tightly and she actually fell backwards from the force of pulling on the husk.  Oops!


She loved putting the pieces into the paper bag that I had set on the floor with us.  She loved it so much in fact that she even put the peeled ears of corn in there a few times.  Every time I would fish one out, she would grab it and immediately throw it back into the bag.  I eventually had to move them onto the counter! 

Sneaky girl

She wanted to taste the ears right after we peeled them, and was excited to watch them move around in the pot of boiling water.  She even liked trying to eat right from the ear (but wasn't actually able to get any off of it by herself).  We eventually cut off kernels and gobbled them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment