We did trucks as our first activity and had a great time. Hannah is really into trucks right now (we just went to that touch-a-truck event) so she loved it. She wasn't into painting inside the bag because she likes to get very messy when she paints, so I modified the original activity a bit to suit her.
I
taped a truck onto the green paper and then she painted around it. I
traced the shape of the truck afterwards so you could see it better.
We read "Little Blue Truck," "Little Blue Truck Leads the Way," "I Love Trucks," "Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site," and "Trucks." We were going to take some of her trucks out to the sandbox, but the afternoon sort of got away from us.
TRAINS
I made the alphabet train with scrapbook paper and then she helped me put the stickers on in alphabetical order. She's just learning her lower-case letters so I used stickers with small letters. Then we matched them up to the upper-case letters with alphabet sticker bottle caps I made months ago. I think we'll have a lot of fun with this train for a while!
She helped me make a colorful train and had lots of fun gluing the construction paper down. She asked me to draw the wheels and then she colored them in. She even wanted to make a second one! We also read a lot of train books (including a few easy-reader non-fiction ones I found at the library), sang a few train songs, and pretended we were a train - we walked around the house making choo-choo sounds with her as the engine and me as the caboose.
| (I got the link for the engine here) |
We also read "Freight Train," "Down By The Station," and "The Little Engine That Could" to go along with our train activities.

No comments:
Post a Comment