Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of July

Hannah and I have been having fun learning about the 4th of July and what it means (I've explained that it's like America's birthday).

I took a bunch of books out of the library for her, but a few of them were too advanced.  These are our favorites:

America the Beautiful
The Story of America's Birthday
Red, White, and Boom
Hats Off for the Fourth of July

Today we did some arts and crafts about Independence Day.  We've been enjoying the open art studio time at Colorfull and this week's theme was Stars and Stripes (outer space and July 4th).  She really enjoyed herself!

Stamping
Making a wand
Painting with her friend Josh
Beading
Painting with a ball
 

When we got home, we did more arts and crafts.  I got the idea for the cookie cutter painting from here and the Stars and Stripes idea here.


We made this flag together :)

Here's a video of her waving her flag!


We also watched a video of Elmo singing "Happy Birthday, America!"

Looking forward to even more Independence Day fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment