I recently participated in a Busy Bag Exchange - a group of other moms and I each made a certain number of bags of a specific activity, and then we got together one evening and swapped them. Now I have a bunch of new ideas of things to do with Hannah!
We've already tried out a few of them. I think she may still be a little too young for them, but it'll be great to have things she can grow into. And it's been fun to watch her try them out even if she can't quite do them alone.
I made "Button Snakes" - she isn't able to do the buttoning yet, but she likes that it's a snake and she carries it around with her and makes hissing sounds. She wants to be able to pull the felt squares off the other end of the ribbon, but I sewed the last one on and she gets a little frustrated.
She had a lot of fun playing with the fishing game that Sally made - there are magnets inside the fish and a magnet on the end of the fishing "pole." She wasn't able to pick up the fish by herself yet, but she had a lot of fun playing with them and making fishy faces. She also carried around the fishing pole for a while and was really excited about it.
She also had a lot of fun playing with the colored pasta. I showed her how to string them on the ribbon to make a necklace, but she had more fun just putting them into the cups and dumping them back out.
And then she discovered that they fit onto her fingers!!! SO much fun. (and she came up with the game all by herself!)
Can't wait to try out the rest of the activities. I'm also doing another swap with a different group of moms at the end of October, so we'll have even more things to play with. (which is good, because these days Hannah really only wants to play with a certain game for about 10 minutes at the most.)
No comments:
Post a Comment