Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weight Update

Hannah had a visit to the doctor's office on Monday because she had a low-grade fever all weekend. They didn't find anything wrong with her (after taking blood and urine - poor baby!), but told us to keep an eye on her. The doctor thought maybe it was because of how hot it's been lately, but I'm not sure - we have air conditioning and she hasn't been outside that much!

We also had a small scare on Sunday night - I was putting Hannah to bed and we both fell out of her rocking chair/glider. I was leaning over the arm to get a burp cloth because she had spit up, and the chair turned over on its side! I ended up with a giant bruise on my left arm and she brushed her head on the dresser.

We called the on-call doctor and he said to make sure that her pupils shrank when we shone a flashlight in her eyes, and that if she threw up we needed to have her seen immediately. She was okay all night and slept normally, and when the doctor checked her head on Monday, she said that Hannah was fine. I definitely need to get better at not reacting when Hannah gets hurt - I think my reaction made her cry more than the actual experience.

On the positive side, Hannah now weighs 11 lbs., 12.4 ounces!

Here's an update of her growth chart - she's gaining weight at a very consistent rate...


(In case you were wondering, they didn't measure her height at this appointment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment