Hannah got her first haircut last week (7/25/12)!
We were starting to notice that it was really getting in her eyes, and she doesn't like having barrettes in her hair (she pulls them out and then immediately asks you to put them back in - it's a never-ending cycle).
I was going to take her to a professional kids' hair-cut place, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it since I didn't want to cut any off the back. My friend Sally (and Hannah's friend Abby's mom) saved the day! She owned her own spa in the UK before moving to the US, and it was so fun to watch her cut Hannah's bangs.
She did a much better job than I ever could have - I would have just cut them straight across, but she actually trimmed them as if it was a real full haircut, with real hair scissors and a comb and everything. I'm so impressed!
I didn't get a photo while it was happening because Hannah was sitting on my lap, but here are a few photos I took afterwards... (notice her new "smiley" face for the camera. I knew this day would come eventually... I hope it goes away just as quickly!)
Sally even helped me save a little bit of Hannah's hair in a plastic baggy so I can put it into her scrapbook. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment