On January 4 (yes, I'm VERY behind on this blog!), Hannah participated in an infant research study at Children's Hospital Boston.
Having been a research coordinator in a previous life (ok, maybe just 5 years ago), I'm really interested in helping out other researchers and contributing to scientific knowledge. A few of our mommy and baby friends have been in other studies, and it sounded like fun. We're now in their database of participants, and they contacted me back in December to ask if we'd be willing to be in a study looking at eye tracking in 9 month-olds.
Hannah was shown 2 short videos, one looking at how infants understand reliability in others, and one about number quantity and how infants understand the difference between amounts of things. I can't find a link to the specific studies, but the researcher was really nice and spent some time afterward explaining to me how they read the results. It was really interesting to learn how they evaluate the babies. Apparently Hannah did a great job, even though I totally thought she wasn't paying attention! :)
Afterwards, we received a t-shirt that says "Neuroscientist in Training," a toy, and a snack container. (You can see the onesie version of her t-shirt on the babies on this page.) They also paid for our parking. It was fun!
Having been a research coordinator in a previous life (ok, maybe just 5 years ago), I'm really interested in helping out other researchers and contributing to scientific knowledge. A few of our mommy and baby friends have been in other studies, and it sounded like fun. We're now in their database of participants, and they contacted me back in December to ask if we'd be willing to be in a study looking at eye tracking in 9 month-olds.
Hannah was shown 2 short videos, one looking at how infants understand reliability in others, and one about number quantity and how infants understand the difference between amounts of things. I can't find a link to the specific studies, but the researcher was really nice and spent some time afterward explaining to me how they read the results. It was really interesting to learn how they evaluate the babies. Apparently Hannah did a great job, even though I totally thought she wasn't paying attention! :)
Afterwards, we received a t-shirt that says "Neuroscientist in Training," a toy, and a snack container. (You can see the onesie version of her t-shirt on the babies on this page.) They also paid for our parking. It was fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment