Friday, February 24, 2012

Hannah's Words

As you may have noticed off to the right, I've added a new column - these are words that Hannah either understands or at least responds to appropriately! We were so excited when we realized just how many words she now knows. She's so smart (Mom, that was for your benefit...)!!!!

She will wave to people if you tell her to say "hi" or "bye" to them. She loves to splash in the bathtub (although she was very confused when Dan and I got into a small water fight the other night during her bath) and will kick under the water as well.

Listening to music and dancing are 2 of her favorite activities - she loves to shake things while she's bouncing to the beat. If she hears the word "up," she will immediately lift her arms in the air. Same thing when you ask her if she wants to "go" somewhere.

If you tell her that something is hot, she will back away from it. I've also noticed that she will sometimes blow on her food, which is definitely a learned behavior from watching me do it.

She has gotten really good at giving hugs and has spent much of the past week hugging me and/or climbing into my lap. She loves to lift up our shirts and "tickle" us (although it's really more like grabbing my belly with her fingernails - not so comfortable!). She will give kisses, although she seems to prefer giving me kisses over Dan (we are actually wondering if she's going through some separation anxiety about me - she gets really upset whenever I'm not around).

She seems to understand that socks go on your feet and has been trying to put on her own socks lately. It's funny to watch - she basically bunches them up and puts them on top of her toes.

I'm not sure why this is a word that she has chosen to imitate, but Hannah has gotten really good at saying "rub." I said it a few times in a row the other night when I was drying her off after her bath, and she immediately repeated it back to us. She now thinks it really funny if we say "rub rub rub" and she will say it too. I'm not sure that she knows what it means, but it's really cute to hear.

She says "dada" constantly. It definitely refers to Dan, but we think it may also be what she calls me too. If I ask her about "dada" in the afternoon, she will crawl over to the door and look for Dan to come home.

She also says "na na na" a lot. I'm not positive of this, but I think she may be trying to say "Hannah." I'll keep you posted...

Writing this post just further solidifies for me that our little baby is turning into a toddler. I can't believe that she will be one in just a few weeks. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment