Today's new food was squash. We had intended to give her butternut or acorn squash, but the grocery store we went to had a limited selection and we ended up with buttercup squash.
We cooked it the same way that you would cook any of the other squashes, and Dan was actually the one to make the puree this time! It was fun to share the experience with him.
Because it still seemed a bit gummy this morning, I mixed in a little formula before I gave it to Hannah. She made her usual first bite face, but then she really liked it. Now I'm curious to see how she'll react to other kinds of squash - they're some of my favorite veggies, so I hope she likes a variety of them!
** UPDATE: Since I started this post earlier today, we went to the farmer's market and I bought a butternut squash there. That'll be up soon (although we have avocado and potato to try first...)!
No comments:
Post a Comment