Hannah can already do so much more than when we first brought her home!
She has definitely started making more gestures and communicating. One of our favorite expressions she makes is one I like to call "the cute face." She especially makes it when she's full after a feeding, so I also like to say it's her "fat and happy face." I haven't been able to capture it in a photo yet, but she basically arches her back, puts her hands up to her face, purses her lips and makes this really satisfied look. If I'm able to snap a shot of it, I'll be sure to post it.
We've also noticed that she tends to respond to certain toys and to changes in light. Dan put her on his belly the other day for some "tummy time" and she really enjoyed it! She also seems to like sitting in the Boppy pillow. She seems to like looking at us much better when we're not wearing our glasses - it's really interesting to watch!
She has definitely started making more gestures and communicating. One of our favorite expressions she makes is one I like to call "the cute face." She especially makes it when she's full after a feeding, so I also like to say it's her "fat and happy face." I haven't been able to capture it in a photo yet, but she basically arches her back, puts her hands up to her face, purses her lips and makes this really satisfied look. If I'm able to snap a shot of it, I'll be sure to post it.
We've also noticed that she tends to respond to certain toys and to changes in light. Dan put her on his belly the other day for some "tummy time" and she really enjoyed it! She also seems to like sitting in the Boppy pillow. She seems to like looking at us much better when we're not wearing our glasses - it's really interesting to watch!
We tried out the activity gym and the swing, but we think she might be too little for them still. She didn't seem all that interested...
Finally, we've discovered that when we put her in 2-piece outfits, she looks much older than when she's wearing sleep-and-play outfits. Perfect examples:
She also has started smiling when she's sleeping. I know that it's probably just her neurological development at work, but it's still fun to see. Sometimes she just smiles with one side of her face - we call it her "Elvis look."
Another cute thing she does is to raise her arms high above her head when she wakes up, which makes us sing - "hands up Baby Hannah, gimme your heart..." (to the tune of the song "hands up, baby hands up..." that they play at Bat Mitzvahs, etc.). She also tends to raise one of her hands in a fist sometimes - we like to say "power to the people" when she does it.
Our current nicknames for her:
- Hannah Hiccup
- Hannah Bear
- Pookie
- Lovebug
Another cute thing she does is to raise her arms high above her head when she wakes up, which makes us sing - "hands up Baby Hannah, gimme your heart..." (to the tune of the song "hands up, baby hands up..." that they play at Bat Mitzvahs, etc.). She also tends to raise one of her hands in a fist sometimes - we like to say "power to the people" when she does it.
Our current nicknames for her:
- Hannah Hiccup
- Hannah Bear
- Pookie
- Lovebug
Now, if we could just get her to have that sleeping at night thing down, we'd all be really happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment