Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Hannah was so sweet today - I wish I could write down all of the beautiful things she said to me in honor of Mother's Day.  Let's see what I remember - "You make my heart sing."  "I love you a million times to the moon and back and a million times to the sun and back." "You're the best mommy."  She was so snuggly today too, which is rare for her these days.  It really made my day.

The kids made me pictures while Dan got breakfast ready, and then everyone woke me up so nicely.  Hannah wanted us to have special toast - some with honey and cinnamon and some with cinnamon and brown sugar.  YUM!

This was the outside of a card Hannah made me
Inside the card
We have been taking a Jewish parenting class and today was our last class.  We were responsible for snack today, so I made sure to buy extra special food to celebrate all the moms in our group.  They definitely appreciated it. 

 The babysitters who've been watching our kids throughout the program helped the big kids make an art project for their moms today - I almost cried when Hannah gave it to me.

She gave the fingers nail polish because she had nail polish on yesterday!

After class, we went to Burton's Grill for lunch.  Ezra was very fussy and cried for most of the meal and Hannah refused to eat her lunch so it was not the relaxing meal I had hoped for.  But the food was good and Dan was a trooper, so it still felt special even if it was hectic.

The rest of our day was pretty quiet, except for some really fun Skyping sessions with Nana and Pops, Titi, and Grandma and Grandpa.  Both kids were very excited and did lots of dancing, singing and pretending to be different animals.

Some cute photos from today:

When did she get so big?
Dan was being really silly behind me
He saw Hannah do it so he wanted to climb over the arm too
Checking to see if I was watching
Playing peek-a-boo

We also had fun watching the Red-Tailed Hawk webcam from Cornell with Hannah.  They're learning about birds at school and have been checking in on these birds every day.  We watched the three baby birds for a while today and saw the mother bird ("Big Red") leave the nest and come back.  The papa bird's name is Ezra!

No comments:

Post a Comment