Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Since school was closed in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy, we had an impromptu play date at Becca and Josh's house!  It was so much fun and totally unexpected.

Hannah loves playing at their house - she makes herself at home right away and goes running into Josh's room to find her favorite toys.


Our power ended up going out around 2 o'clock that afternoon, and was out until around 6 am.  It was fine during the afternoon - we all just hung out in the living room.  As it got dark, it was a bit strange for us to try and play in such little light, but we made the best of it with a few strategically placed lanterns.

I'm honestly not sure what Hannah thought about it - I wish I knew. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner, so I'm guessing she at least enjoyed that part of the storm!

We put her to bed a bit early and got in bed pretty early ourselves, but otherwise it wasn't such a big inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment