Hannah's current favorite song is "Riding In My Car" by Elizabeth Mitchell. It's a re-make of a Woody Guthrie song, but as I learned this morning, Hannah really only likes the Elizabeth Mitchell version.
In Elizabeth Mitchell's song, there's a verse about a frog in the car, and Hannah thinks it's HYSTERICAL! In fact, that's how we got her to smile for this month's photo shoot - by singing it to her and letting her play with this tiny plastic frog that she got at a birthday party.
This morning, we were listening to Pandora and a different version of "Riding in My Car" came on. Hannah excitedly found her frog and stood there waiting for the verse about it. When the song ended and they hadn't sang about the frog, she was confused and asked me for the song. I tried to sing it to her, but it wasn't good enough.
Since our copy of the CD was in my car, I tried to find it somewhere streaming online. The only free versions were trials, so they ended before the frog verse. She got really upset, so I ended up buying it on iTunes. We listened to it 4 times, and she even sang along and held up her frog!

No comments:
Post a Comment