We were very excited to welcome our little munchkin, Ezra William, on October 1st. He has brought so much more joy into our lives - I didn't even know there was space in my heart for more love!
Born 10/1/13 at 7:15 am
6 lbs., 11.5 oz
20 inches
I was supposed to be induced on October 4, but Ezra decided he wanted to come into the world on his own terms and not wait for the doctors! :).
Since we had known for a while that he was probably going to be born a few weeks early because of some health problems (mine, not his), I had started saying that I just wanted to make it to October. He listened - I went into labor at 1 am on the 1st!
After a few stressful hours of pondering what to do with Hannah and whether I could wait until her school opened at 7 am, we finally called our friend Sally around 4 am to see if she could come and watch Hannah. She obliged, and we are forever grateful!
Hannah had a great time having a "sleepover" at her friend Abby's house! She even got to take Abby to preschool with Sally - apparently they held hands the whole way!
A few more pictures from right after he was born:
The hospital receives donations of knit hats for the babies - I think it's so sweet that he had handmade hats to wear while he was there!
Then they picked up Hannah and brought her to meet her little brother! She wasn't quite sure what to think of him, but she did LOVE her "Big Sister" t-shirt and the little bag of Big Sister presents we gave her.
Titi also came to meet Ezra!
Since we weren't sure how well Hannah would go to sleep while we were at the hospital, Dan went home to help with bedtime. He also went home in the morning to check on her and see if she liked the present that Ezra gave to her for being such a great big sister - a guitar!
Dan's parents got into town that morning, and we all got together at the hospital to celebrate Ezra...
| Making her grand entrance! |
| Checking out her little brother |
| Trying to "pet" him |










No comments:
Post a Comment